What is an Acetylene Torch? The Tech-FAQ
Oxy-Acetylene Safety zPresented by zTorch head zCheck valves yprevents reverse gas flow zFlashback arrestors yprevents flame from reaching the hose. Torch cutting attachment zCone end and coupling nut zPreheat oxygen control valve zMixing chamber tube zCutting oxygen lever zCutting attachment head. zCutting tip zWelding nozzle Cutting tips and nozzles. Cutting Charts. …... description. how to light and turn off the oxy-acetylene torch. safety first. compressed gas. do not expose cylinders to heat or physical shock because they contain compressed gas and could explode.
Oxyfuel Flame Adjustment Flame Type Maine Welding Company
The welding torch is designed to mix oxygen and acetylene in nearly equal amounts, and then ignite and burn the gas mixture at the torch tip. The welding torch has two tubes (one for oxygen and the other for acetylene), a mixing chamber, and oxygen and acetylene valves to control and adjust the... description. how to light and turn off the oxy-acetylene torch. safety first. compressed gas. do not expose cylinders to heat or physical shock because they contain compressed gas and could explode.
Setup and Shutdown Procedure for Oxy- fuel Cutting Torch
Turn off all valves (at cylinder, blowpipes etc). Vent excess gas from the hoses. Training Do not use oxy/acetylene equipment unless you have been trained. Use the correct lighting-up procedures Before lighting the blowpipe, purge the hoses by opening the gas supply to each hose for a few seconds. This will flush out any flammable mixtures of gases in the hose. Purge one hose at a time and... Turn the valve on the acetylene tank counterclockwise a quarter turn to open. Adjust the acetylene regulator until the small gauge on the regulator registers 10 psi. Open the oxygen valve on the torch handle completely by turning counterclockwise until it stops.
Lighting a Small Oxy-Acetylene Torch juxtamorph.com
25/04/2009 · The Oxy-Acetylene Torch uses compressed gases in its weld process. Acetylene is an extremely flammable gas and it will take away breathing air if it is released all of a sudden, and especially if used in a confined space. Never weld in a confined space without proper equipment in place.... how to light and turn off the oxy-acetylene torch. safety first. compressed gas. do not expose cylinders to heat or physical shock because they contain compressed gas and could explode.
How To Turn Off Oxy Acetylene Torch
oxy acetylene torch eBay
- What is an Acetylene Torch? The Tech-FAQ
- OXYACETYLENE WELDING INTRODUCTION AND HOW WELD
- Oxy-acetylene popping Welding - reddit
- 1659 Acetylene PPTs View free & download PowerShow.com
How To Turn Off Oxy Acetylene Torch
I recently got a Victor Oxy-acetylene torch setup. I used to be pretty good at it back in high school welding class, 20 years ago. As I recall, popping (loud pop that puts out the torch) happens if you dip the cone into the molten puddle or get too near it.
- Turn off the oxy-acetylene torch, pick up the silver soldered metals with the lineman's pliers, and drop the joined metals into the water-filled bucket. Allow the pieces to cool for 30 to 60 seconds before removing the metal pieces from the water.
- 31/10/2009 · However Propane-compressed air won't work for cutting as it's the O2 that does the cutting---had our shop teacher demonstrate by doing a cut and turning off the Acetylene after it was started and finishing the foot long cut with only O2.
- Open the acetylene torch valve 1/4-turn and ignite the gas by striking the spark lighter in front of the tip. Since the oxygen torch valve is closed, the acetylene is burned by the oxygen in the air. There is not sufficient oxygen to provide complete combustion, so the flame is smoky and produces a soot of fine unburned carbon.
- After you turn off the oxygen, close the acetylene pin valve. Shut off the main valve on the oxygen tank and fully open the regulator valve to clear the gas line. Repeat this with the acetylene tank, then disconnect the gas lines from the welding torch. Close the regulator valves and disassemble the torch for cleaning and storage.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Lyneham ACT, Brisbane ACT, Downer ACT, Duntroon ACT, Karabar ACT, ACT Australia 2669
- New South Wales: Sun Valley NSW, Church Point NSW, Yerong Creek NSW, Bendick Murrell NSW, Gulgong NSW, NSW Australia 2044
- Northern Territory: Timber Creek NT, Nhulunbuy NT, Lake Bennett NT, Bulman NT, Lansdowne NT, Nightcliff NT, NT Australia 0826
- Queensland: Zillmere QLD, Avenell Heights QLD, Sadliers Crossing QLD, Rollingstone QLD, QLD Australia 4042
- South Australia: Wonuarra SA, Cheltenham SA, Holowiliena SA, Largs North SA, Stun'Sail Boom SA, Whyalla Jenkins SA, SA Australia 5083
- Tasmania: Pontville TAS, Abels Bay TAS, Lower Wilmot TAS, TAS Australia 7072
- Victoria: Moama VIC, Warburton VIC, Sherbrooke VIC, Merrijig VIC, Taradale VIC, VIC Australia 3008
- Western Australia: Girrawheen WA, Parkeston WA, Kwobrup WA, WA Australia 6074
- British Columbia: Montrose BC, Creston BC, Granisle BC, Lions Bay BC, Zeballos BC, BC Canada, V8W 4W8
- Yukon: Pelly Lakes YT, Gold Bottom YT, Granville YT, Klukshu YT, Little Salmon YT, YT Canada, Y1A 2C4
- Alberta: Andrew AB, Amisk AB, Rockyford AB, Thorsby AB, Beaumont AB, Turner Valley AB, AB Canada, T5K 3J2
- Northwest Territories: Gameti NT, Fort Simpson NT, Hay River NT, Salt Plains 195 NT, NT Canada, X1A 9L1
- Saskatchewan: Smiley SK, Laird SK, Minton SK, Clavet SK, Delisle SK, Macrorie SK, SK Canada, S4P 7C8
- Manitoba: Minitonas MB, Melita MB, Boissevain MB, MB Canada, R3B 8P2
- Quebec: Brossard QC, Roberval QC, Sainte-Catherine QC, Sainte-Adele QC, Danville QC, QC Canada, H2Y 3W3
- New Brunswick: McAdam NB, Saint-Quentin NB, Lameque NB, NB Canada, E3B 6H7
- Nova Scotia: Glace Bay NS, Windsor NS, Kings NS, NS Canada, B3J 1S4
- Prince Edward Island: Alberton PE, Bayview PE, Hazelbrook PE, PE Canada, C1A 8N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Hopedale NL, Pacquet NL, Whiteway NL, Port Hope Simpson NL, NL Canada, A1B 9J1
- Ontario: Pakesley ON, St. George ON, Tecumseh ON, Cargill, Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards ON, Thorold ON, Wyevale ON, ON Canada, M7A 4L5
- Nunavut: Pangnirtung NU, Arviat NU, NU Canada, X0A 4H9
- England: Milton Keynes ENG, Burton upon Trent ENG, Clacton-on-Sea ENG, Kidderminster ENG, Chatham ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 7A1
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 3H8
- Scotland: Dundee SCO, Glasgow SCO, East Kilbride SCO, Dundee SCO, East Kilbride SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 4B9
- Wales: Barry WAL, Neath WAL, Wrexham WAL, Swansea WAL, Swansea WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 3D2